Netflix has confirmed its official Korean movie and TV lineup for 2024, which includes new original movies and shows. In addition to Squid Game Season 2, Hellbound, Gyeongseong Creature, and Sweet Home are also scheduled to return this year with new seasons.
The Release Window for Netflix’s 2024 Korean Movie & TV Slate
Listed below are the upcoming shows and movies set to premiere in each quarter of 2024.
- A Killer Paradox is a crime thriller starring Parasite’s Choi Woo-shik as Lee Tang, a college student who becomes a murderer after discovering his supernatural gift of discerning evildoers. The series debuts on February 9.
- Queen of Tears is a romantic drama starring Kim Soo-hyun (It’s Okay to Not Be Okay) and Kim Ji-won (My Liberation Notes). The series follows a wealthy married couple who will go through a marital crisis.
- Chicken Nugget is based on Park Ji-dok’s popular webtoon. The comedy-drama series stars Ryu Seung-ryong (Kingdom, Extreme Job) and Ahn Jae-hong (Reply 1988). The story begins when a woman suddenly turns into a chicken nugget after entering a mysterious machine. It’s up to her father and secret admirer to find a way to turn her back to normal.
- My Name is Loh Kiwan will follow the journey of a North Korean defector, who will see refuge in Belgium. Set to debut on March 1, the film stars Vincenzo’s Song Joong-ki.
- Physical: 100 Season 2 – Underground will once again feature 100 contestants in top physical shape, as they compete in large-scale challenges which will push them to their limits.
- Risqué Business: The Netherlands and Germany is a talk show hosted by Shin Dong-youp and Sung Si-kyung. The show will premiere on February 20.
- The 8 Show is a black comedy featuring 8 individuals participating in a dangerous game show which will both require them to collaborate and compete with each other. The series will star Ryu Jun-yeol, Chun Woo-hee, Park Jeong-min and more.
- Parasyte: The Grey is the live-action series adaptation of Hitoshi Iwaaki’s popular manga. In the series, as unidentified parasitic life-forms that live off human hosts strive to grow their power and start to disrupt society, a group of humans wage war against the rising evil. It hails from Train to Busan director Yeon Sang-ho.
- Sweet Home Season 3 is expected to revolve around the aftermath of the Season 2 finale, where monsterization has ended, and new humanity begins. The final season stars Song Kang, Lee Do-hyun, Ko Min-si, Jinyoung and more.
- Resident Playbook (working title) will serve as a spin-off to the popular medical drama Hospital Playlist. The story will follow the intense but heartfelt lives of OB-GYN residents. It stars Go Youn-jung, Shin Shi-a, Kang You-seok, and more.
- Hierarchy is a teen revenge drama set at Jusin High School, where the top 0.01% of students control law and order. The series stars Roh Jeong-eui, Lee Chae-min, Kim Jae-won and more.
- Agents of Mystery is a survival game reality series which hails from the producer of Netflix’s The Devil’s Plan.
- Super Rich in Korea is a documentary series following the real-life stories of multibillionaires.
- Gyeongseong Creature Season 2 will transport the supernatural action thriller from 1945 to present-day Seoul. It will feature the return of Park Seo-jun and Han So-hee.
- The Whirlwind is a political drama centering around the clash between deputy prime minister of economy and the prime minister. The series will be led by Sul Kyung-gu and Kim Hee-ae.
- Officer Black Belt is an action drama movie starring Kim Woo-bin as a martials art expert who lands a job monitoring criminals. It hails from Midnight Runners and Bloodhounds director Jason Kim.
- The Frog is a mystery thriller series starring Kim Yun-seok and Ko Min-si. In the series, One man’s life begins to crumble when a mysterious woman shows up at his motel one summer, leaving him to cling dearly to his former ways of life.
- Unknown Chefs (WT) is an unscripted competition series which will pit people from all walks of life against one another in fierce culinary showdown.
- The Influencer is a unscripted social survival series where South Korean influencers compete with one another to determine who has the most influence over social media, a realm where one’s reach equals power and status.
- Mr. Plankton is a romantic comedy drama starring Woo Do-hwan, Lee You-mi. In the series, a man who should not have been born and the unhappiest woman in the world are forced to accompany one another on the final journey of his life.
- Uprising is a historical drama series which hails from Oldboy director Park Chan-wook. The story will take place in the Joseon era, during a tumultuous time in the aftermath of war. It will bring viewers on a gripping journey through the lives of two childhood friends turned adversaries.
- Hellbound Season 2 unleashes a chaotic world exacerbated by the continuous hellbound decrees, where lawyer Min Hyejin of Sodo, The New Truth Society, and the Arrowheads get entangled amidst the sudden resurrections of The New Truth’s Chairman Jung Jinsu and Park Jungja.
- The Trunk is based on Kim Ryeon-ryeong’s popular novel of the same name. Starring Gong Yoo and Seo Hyun-jin, the series begins when a clandestine marriage service is uncovered when a trunk washes up on the shore of a lake, bringing to light the strange marriage between a couple in the thick of it all.
- The Great Flood is a sci-fi disaster film which takes place on the last day of Earth. It centers around the desperate fight to save a child from a flooding apartment after a great flood has swept the planet. It stars Itaewon Class’ Kim Da-mi and Squid Game’s Park Hae-soo.
- Single’s Inferno Season 4 is a popular reality dating series which had just aired its third season last December.
- Zombieverse Season 2 is a survival reality series which features South Korean celebrities trying to survive a zombie apocalypse.